Spicy Urad Dal Puri ( Gluten Free Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16940 times
Rice flour and soya flour replace refined wheat flour in these famous traditional rajasthani deep-fried treats! serve hot.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into stiff dough using enough water.
- Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till it releases an aroma.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal in water for 4 hours.
- Drain and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste using very little water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the urad dal paste and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the masala powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside to cool.
- Divide the stuffing into 10 equal portions.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a thin round of about 75 mm (3”) diameter with the help of a little oil.
- Put one portion of the stuffing in the centre and close the edges to cover the stuffing completely. Roll out again into small puris with the help of a little oil.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 9 more stuffed puris.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the puris, a few at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.