Spicy Tri Dal Powder/annappodi
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4005 times
This powder is mixed with ghee or oil goes nicely not only with rice and good with idli,dosa,upma too.
- Heat kadai and roast the toordal in medium flame until it changes to light golden brown color and keep it aside.
- Fry urad dal for light pink color and chana dal for light brown color but be careful chana dal tending to become black fast.
- Fry redchillies for light brown color ,keep it aside.
- Fry dry coconut scrapes for 2min to change light golden color and add asafoetida and mix well(by this time kitchen will be filled with aroma) and remove from fire and leave it to completely cool.
- Fry tamarind also in the same way.if the ingredients are cooling enough transfers to a blender and grind coarsely in batches.make sure it should be middle of grain texture and fine powder."annam" is called "rice" in "telugu" and this podi will be mixed with hot rice so it is named as "annappodi".
This recipe was contributed by vineelagopi on 20 Jul 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.