Spicy Tomato Rasam ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11873 times
With coriander and peppercorns playing a high note, the customary soup of southern india is a hot favourite world over. It can be had as a comforting soup by itself, or mixed with rice.
- Combine all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Cool slightly and crush to make a coarse powder using a mortar-pestle (khalbhatta).
- Clean and cut the tomatoes in 2 halves, place them in a big-sized microwave-safe bowl along with ¼ cup of water and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and de-skin the tomatoes, making sure that you do not discard the water separated from the tomatoes.
- Place the de-skinned tomatoes in the same microwave-safe bowl and mash them using the back of a spoon.
- Add the prepared masala powder and all the remaining ingredients, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of hot boiling water and blend using a hand blender till the tomatoes are lightly crushed.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||351 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||27 mg|
|Folic Acid||30 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.