Spicy Tomato Rai Methi Chutney
by Foodie #537516
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13322 times
In order to add spice to ur foodie section, v can just try with this tasty n spicy chutney which can be eaten with rice or roti or chapati. . .
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crakle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and tamarind, cover and cook for 5 minutes, while stirring in between.
- Add the salt, sugar and red chilli powder, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 10 more minutes, while stirring in between.
- Add the prepared powder and mix well.
- Cook for 5 more minutes or till the chutney becomes thick paste with no water content left over.
- Serve hot with rice or chapati.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #537516 on 30 Jul 2011Hi,
Im Mrs.Vidya Bhaskar ,currently living in Cayman Islands hailing from India..Im interested to...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.