Spicy Stuffed Baked Potatoes
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 286 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49991 times
All over the world, Baked Potatoes is the go-to dish for a lot of people when they feel hungry all of a sudden. It is quick and easy, and definitely satiating!
Here, we have made an exciting snack out of baked potatoes by stuffing them with a spicy veg mix. The stuffed potatoes are bathed in a creamy sauce and microwaved to perfection.
This delightful treat can be served as a snack or as a starter. As it is cooked in the microwave, it is quick and easy and can be made even by those who do not have an OTG oven.
The Spicy Stuffed Baked Potatoes, as the name suggests, is quite spicy due to the use of chilli powder and chilli flakes, but you can adjust the spice levels if you wish.
Take care to prick the potatoes properly to ensure uniform cooking. Serve the Spicy Stuffed Baked Potatoes immediately after preparation.
Try more delightful snacks like Cheesy Nachos or Potato Rosti
- Wash and prick the potatoes with the fork, place the potatoes in a microwave safe dish, place water in the center in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 8 to 9 minutes. Cool completely.
- Place the potatoes on a clean, dry surface and cut each potato into 2 halves vertically with the help of a sharp knife.
- Scoop all the potato halves, using a spoon so that a depression is created for the filling. Keep the scooped out potato aside.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper powder over all the potato halves. Keep aside.
- Put the green peas, sweet corn kernels and french beans in a microwave safe bowl, sprinkle 3 tbsp of water over it and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Put the oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 10 seconds.
- Add the garlic, mix well and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the green peas, sweet corn kernels, french beans, scooped out potatoes, chilli powder and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Fill each potato halve with 1½ tbsp of the prepared filling.
- Place the potatoes in a microwave safe dish and pour the sauce evenly over them.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.