Spicy Stir Fried Baby Corn
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 694 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52357 times
Stir frying is a very popular method of cooking food that originated in China. It is a nutritious and convenient way of cooking as it makes use of minimal oil.
The short cooking time makes the vegetables more succulent and preserves their texture and natural flavours while preventing the loss of water soluble vitamins like B and C.
I've used baby corn in the dish, as this versatile vegetable is extremely low in carbohydrates. Instead of the baby corn, you can even use mushrooms or low fat paneer.
You can tickle your taste buds with other diabetic-friendly stir-fry recipes like Moong Dal Waffles with Stir-fried Vegetables or Stir Fry Wrap with Mushroom Sauce .
- Combine the soya sauce, chilli sauce and cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in non-stick pan, add the baby corn and sauté over a high flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the green chilli, ginger and garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cornflour and sauce mixture. Mix well over a high flame till the sauce coats the baby corn evenly.
- Toss in the capsicum, add salt and pepper and mix well. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Amt|| 66 gm|
|Energy|| 84 kcal|
|Protein|| 2.3 gm|
|Cho|| 15.0 gm|
|Fat|| 2.6 gm|
|Vit-A|| 73.5 mcg|
|Vit-C|| 13.1 mg|
|Calcium|| 3.4 mg|
|Iron|| 0.3 mg|
|F.Acid|| 13.3 mcg|
|Fibre|| 1.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.