Spicy Spinach Kadhi
by Foodie #514071
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 8205 times
A delicious and spicy spinach kadhi recipe.
Add your private note
Spicy Spinach Kadhi recipe - How to make Spicy Spinach Kadhi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 5 serving
- Heat oil in a wok. Combine besan, ajwaein, salt and green chilies in a bowl. Mix well with water to form a thick smooth batter. Dip the spinach leaves into the batter and fry in oil until it turns crisp. Remove from heat. Drain excess oil. Keep aside
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together curds with besan, salt and water.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add cumin seeds along with asafoetida and fenugreek seeds. Once they start to crackle and change its colour, stir in the garlic and onion puree. Add red chili powder and turmeric powder with few drops of water. Cook on medium flame until the gravy thickens.
- Stir in the beaten curd mixture along with the curry leaves. Cook the mixture while stirring continuously till it comes to a boil.
- Now, stir in the spinach strips and cook for another 6-8 minutes until the spinach turns tender and the kadhi thickens. Stir in the green chilies along with fried spinach pakoras.Remove from heat.
- Heat oil or ghee in a frying pan. Fry the red whole chilies until it starts to crackle. Turn the flame off and pour it on top of the kadhi. Garnish the kadhi with sliced green chilies and serve immediately with steamed rice.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #514071 on 07 May 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.