Spicy Rice Sesame Toast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9380 times
Deep-fried with a topping of rice, potatoes and green chutney and a sprinkling of sesame seeds, bread transforms into a starter that will steal the thunder off the main course! The Spicy Rice Sesame Toast is a very unique starter that imbibes both crisp and succulent textures, together with tangy and spicy flavours. Ensure that the green chutney is very spicy, to ensure an exciting effect.
- Combine the plain flour with ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the topping into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 1 bread slice on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the prepared topping evenly on it and press it lightly.
- Apply a little prepared plain flour-water mixture over it and sprinkle ½ tsp of sesame seeds evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more bread slices.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry the bread slices, one at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cut each slice diagonally into 2 pieces and serve immediately dotted with tomato ketchup.
Nutrient values per piece
|Vitamin A||94.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.