Spicy Pumpkin Soup ( Thai Style)
by Amarendra Mulye
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8514 times
It is a spicy pumpkin soup, thai red curry paste adds the spicy flavour to the soup.
Add your private note
CONTEST WINNING RECIPE
For the contest
Spicy Pumpkin Soup ( Thai Style) recipe - How to make Spicy Pumpkin Soup ( Thai Style)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 to 4 servings
- Soak the red chillies in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients along with chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, using little water.
- Keep aside and use as per required.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add the prepared red curry paste and saute till the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the mixed herbs, pumpkin, coconut milk and 2 cups water, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes or till the pumpkin is cooked.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer to a smooth puree.
- Pour the mixture in a pan, add the salt and basil, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Amarendra Mulye on 08 Dec 2011I am complete foodie and love to indulge into variety of food items. I love trying out and learning ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.