Spicy Puffed Rice
by Kavitha Iyengar
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7250 times
Cut the afternoon cravings with this very simple and healthy snack. You can change the spices to suit your taste.
- Put the puffed rice to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds to 1 minute till it becomes nice and crisp.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and asafoetida, mix well and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the peanuts and salt and mix well.
- Add the puffed rice, mix well and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the onions, tomatoes and few drops of lemon juice and toss well.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander and sev.
This recipe was contributed by Kavitha Iyengar on 01 Feb 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.