Spicy Potato Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 81 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27133 times
Lose yourself in this exciting potato-packed kadhi, which is so delicious it is likely to overshadow the rest of the main course!
What makes this kadhi different is that it is burgeoning with potato cubes and flavoured excitingly with whole spices and spice powders.
Tempering whole spices imparts a richer aroma than what you will get with readymade spice powders, so you will find this Spicy Potato Kadhi really irresistible. It can be enjoyed with Rotis , Parathas or Cooked Rice .
- Combine the besan, curd and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl, whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, cumin seeds, asafetida and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the curd -water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||130.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||12.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||20.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.