Spicy Pineapple Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 172 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20374 times
This is a different way of adding fruits to your diet. Ripe diced pineapple is cooked with an aromatic blend of spices and simmered in coconut milk.
The iron and the fibre levels in this curry are good and the coconut adds to the protein and energy content.
If you are not fond of pineapple, add a cup of mixed vegetables like peas, carrots, potatoes to the same gravy, and you can also throw in a few cubes of pineapple, if you like.
You can also try these recipes with pineapple, Pineapple Raita and Pineapple, Capsicum and Tomato Sabzi .
- Combine the besan and coconut milk in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat the 2 tsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add a pinch of asafoetida and pineapple and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, garam masala, the prepared paste and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the besan-coconut milk mixture, ½ cup of water and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and a pinch of asafoetida, and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the curry, mix well and serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||59.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||27.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.