Spicy Pepper Rice
by Anuradha Raj
This recipe has been viewed 2321 times
A spicy delicious rice recipe!
- Wash rice and moong dal, add a little more than 2 cups of water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the urad dal and chana dal and saute for few seconds, till the dals turn pink.
- Add the mustard seeds and when the seeds crackle, add peanuts, curry leaves, red chilles and hing, mix well and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked rice and moong dal and pepper powder, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with fried papad.
This recipe was contributed by Anuradha Raj on 13 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.