Spicy Onion Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16410 times
You will experience the pure, intense flavour of onions in this Spicy Onion Chutney. The flavour of onions is not masked by any spices in this delicious and easy chutney, which is made with just onions and red chillies sautéed in coconut oil.
Make sure you keep a constant eye on the onions when you sauté them, because they should not turn brown. They should just be translucent or light pink even after adding the chillies.
To get the ideal pinkish colour, use only normal dry red chillies and not the deep-red Kashmiri ones. Serve this chutney with idlis and dosas for a vibrant, flavour-packed breakfast.
- Heat the coconut oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer along with salt till smooth without using any water.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated in an air-tight container for 2 days.
Nutrient values per tbsp
|Vitamin A||38.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.