Spicy Moongdal Waffles
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27620 times
A desi version of crisp waffles, made using moong dal and spices.
- Soak the split green gram in water for 3 to 4 hours. Then wash it very well.
- Blend the soaked dal in a blender with the green chillies and a little water to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, gram flour, asafoetida, soda bi-carb, sugar, oil and salt and mix well.
- Pour a little batter at a time in a pre-heated waffle iron and bake until crisp. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
- Make chilas using the batter if you do not have a waffle iron.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.