Spicy Masoor Dal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22942 times
Spicy masoor dal, enjoy this dal with hot steamed rice.
- Wash and soak the dal for 30 minutes.
- Drain and keep aside.
- In a deep pan, add the dal, dried chilies, turmeric, salt and enough water and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the flame and cook, stirring often, for 20 minutes or till the dal is cooked.
- Remove from the flame, discard the chillies and mash the dal lightly. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a small pan, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds cackle add the onions and ginger and saute till the onions turns brown in colour.
- Add the cooked dal, lemon juice, garam masala and salt, mix well and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.