Spicy Masala Papad, Deep-fried Masala Papad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 589 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26256 times
Plain or spiced, papads are loved by all. Here is how you can transform simple papads into a brilliant starter by topping it with a tangy and pungent tomato mixture. Spicy Masala Papad is sure to ignite your appetite and rear it for the coming meal.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the garam masala, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Arrange the deep-fried mini papads on a serving plate. Put a portion of the topping evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||187.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.