Spicy Green Pulav
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44428 times
For the red pulav use diced beetroot pieces and potatoes,
and omit palak,coriander and mint leaves.
for kids do not put chillies.
garnish with fried kaju. I hope that kids will love this in their lunch box.
Add your private note
Spicy Green Pulav recipe - How to make Spicy Green Pulav
Preparation Time: 1Ominutes Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes if basmati.if not basmati
- Then no need to soak,just wash and use.
- Heat 4tbsp of butter in a pressure cooker.
- Add bay leaf, and chopped vegetables. saute and then add tomatoes and
- The ground paste. fry till the aroma comes.
- Now add the palak leaves and rice and fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add the water,salt and mix well.
- Add few drops of lemon juice and 1tbsp ghee or oil and
- Mix well.
- Cover and pressure cook for 10 minutes or till the 2 whistles come
- Simmer foranother 3minutes and turn off the gas.
- Donot open the lid immediatly.
- Garnish with cashwnuts and serve with oniontomato raita and pepper papads.
This recipe was contributed by syamalalakshmi on 28 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.