Spicy Eggplant In Curd
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11282 times
Spicy eggplant in curd is an unique vegetable recipe with eggplants or brinjals stir fried and then simmered in a tangy and spicy curd based gravy. Add a punch to the dish by tempering the gravy with mustard seeds, chillies and curry leaves.
- Cut eggplants into round shape
- Mix with salt and turmeric
- Fry the pieces in oil till light brown
- Beat curd in a mixer
- Place in a bowl
- Lightly roast urad dal and a few red chillies and grind to powder
- Add the powder to the curd
- Add salt and sugar as required
- Now add the fried eggplant
- Heat oil add mustard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves
- Let it splutter
- Pour over the curd
- Sprinkle a little garam masala
This recipe was contributed by tushu on 11 Oct 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.