This recipe has been viewed 7538 times
Traditional south indian cuisine dosas,but with little variation, yes spicy dosa.Relish the Dosas as breakfast or meal with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Add your private note
Spicy Dosa recipe - How to make Spicy Dosa
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 8 to 10 serving
- Soak both the rice together in enough water for 3 hours and drain.
- Blend the rice in a mixer till smooth. Remove and keep aside.
- Soak the toover dal, in enough water for 3 hours and drain.
- Blend the toover dal, in a mixer till smooth and frothy ( add water little by little as required.Remove and keep aside.
- Combine the toover dal paste and rice paste togeather in a bowl,cover and keep aside to ferment for atleast 3 to 4 hours
- Meanwhile blend together all the other ingredients except salt in a mixer to make a smooth paste, keep aside.
- Once the batter is fermented, add the prepared paste and salt to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick pan and sprinkle a little water on it. It should steam immediately.
- Grease it with oil and wipe hard with a slice of onion or potato.
- Pour a ladeful of the batter on the tava and spread in a circular motion to make thin dosa.
- Pour a little oil along the edges while cooking, cook till the dosa turns brown and crispy, fold over and serve hot with chutney and sambhar
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more dosas.
This recipe was contributed by LOPA SHAH on 05 Apr 2011Hi
I,am LOPA staying at Vile Parle with my parents.By profession I'am an Advocate.I like music,watc...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.