Spicy Delicious Pulao
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5746 times
Simple, easy, spicy and delicious pulao or rice recipe with chopped vegetables , potatoes and whole Indian spices. The spicy delicious pulao is a nice variation to the good old pulao or chawal recipe.
Add your private note
Spicy Delicious Pulao recipe - How to make Spicy Delicious Pulao
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Wash the mushrooms well and cut them sidewise and fry them well in a tsp of ghee till they reduce to 1/2 the size and keep aside.
- Cut the paneer into small cubes and fry them too in ghee till they turn golden brown in colour and keep aside.
- Just saute the mint leaves in the remaining ghee for a min and keep aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the aniseed, bay leaf,cardamom, cinnamon and clove.
- Then add the cashewnuts and fry till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Then add the ginger, garlic and green chilli paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Then add the slit onions and saute till they turn light pink in colour.
- Add the tomatoes and saute well. later add the potatoes, peas, cauliflower ans salt. mix well.
- Add enough water to cook the rice and pressure cook till the rice is well cooked.
- Finally add the mint leaves, fried paneer and the mushrooms to the cooked rice. mix well.
- Serve hot with raita of your choice.
This recipe was contributed by arrathy on 26 May 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.