Spicy Bitter Guard Or Stuffed Karela
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39055 times
Spicy bitter guard or stuffed karela recipe is sure to entice all. The bitter taste of karela get masked with the smart choice of spices and ingredients and the dish is typically enjoyed with rotis.
- Wash karelas&peel them.
- Slit them both sides(without cutting).
- Boil them in sour curd adding with 1½tbsp salt,lemon juice,turmeric for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool,strain water&keep aside.
- Grind onion.red chillies,groundnuts,sesame seeds,salt,coconut&garlic coarsely.
- Fry it in oil till it gets fine aromatic flavour.
- Remove from the oil.
- Squeeze karelas gently to remove extra water.
- Stuff the prepared masala in each karela evenly.
- Ensure that each karela is stuffed properly.
- Place them one by one in the same hot oil&fry them on low heat to golden crispy brown.
- Turn them gently without splitting inside masala.
- Garnish with coriander leaves&serve hot with plain rice.
This recipe was contributed by devi.m on 15 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.