Spicy Barley Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23577 times
- Combine the barley and enough water in a deep bowl, cover it with a lid and keep aside to soak for 3 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the barley and enough water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Drain again and keep aside.
- Heat a deep non-stick pan and when hot, add the garlic, ginger, mint leaves and onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies, cabbage, carrot, capsicum and coriander and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 4½ cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the barley, paneer, tomatoes, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.