Spiced Wholemeal and Oat Pancake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 268 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32292 times
Why make pancakes of plain flour, when you can try tastier options like this? Whole wheat flour and oats add protein, iron and calcium to the Spiced Wholemeal and Oats Pancake, while sugar and spices make it irresistibly tasty. The use of low-fat milk and use of little oil make it suitable for weight-watchers too. Serve with honey and oranges, for an unforgettable breakfast.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the fruit salt, in a bowl and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency using enough water.
- Add the fruit salt and mix gently.
- Grease a non-stick mini uttapa pan using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter in each of the 7 uttapa moulds and spread it evenly to make a 67mm. (2½“) diameter circle.
- Cook the pancakes, using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 1 more batch of 7 pancakes.
- Serve hot with honey and oranges.
Nutrient values per pancake
|Energy|| 54 calories|
|Protein|| 1.5 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 8.7 gm|
|Fat|| 1.5 gm|
|Iron|| 0.5 mg|
|Calcium|| 15.7 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.