Spiced Walnut Ring ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11839 times
I am sure this spicy cake which is rich in energy, protein and calcium will not fail to please your child. Ginger adds to the flavour as well as helps to ease the digestion of your precious little one. It is also a good snack to take if you are travelling as it keeps well for a few days. This is a rich recipe and one can indulge in it occasionally. It is good for a toddler who is fussy about food.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder, ginger powder, nutmeg powder and cinnamon powder.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy.
- Add the condensed milk, flour mixture, milk and walnuts and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into a greased 125 mm. (5") diameter ring mould or a square [150 mm. X 150 mm. (6" x 6")] tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Nutrient values per piece
|Amt|| 54 gm |
|Energy|| 208 kcal|
|Protein|| 3.4 gm|
|Cho|| 20.1 gm|
|Fat|| 12.4 gm|
|Vit-A|| 377.9 mcg|
|Vit-C|| 0.4 mg|
|Calcium|| 64.3 mg|
|Iron|| 0.8 mg|
|F.Acid|| 6.6 mcg|
|Fibre|| 0.3 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.