Special Dal Makhani
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5160 times
You can use malai instead of butter.
- Combine the dal and tomatoes in a deep pan with a pinch of turmeric powder, add enough water and cook till the dal is soft.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the coriander seeds powder, turmeric and chilli powder, mix well and saute for few more seconds.
- Remove from the flame, add the dal and tomatoes and whisk well.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and with rotis or plain rice.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.