Special Brinjal Rice (vaangi Bhaat)
by me and my style
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14974 times
This is the traditional rice dish of South Karnataka made with simple blended spices and lots of brinjals, very tasty and yummy recipe, serve accompanied with raita
- Rub the brinjals with turmeric powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asfoetida.
- When the seeds crackle add the onions and garlic sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the ground spice powder and sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes till the masala is cooked.
- Add the brinjals and mix well.
- Add rice, 2 cups of water, salt and red chilli powder and pressure cook for 1 whistle, lower the flame and let it cook for another 2 minutes.Switch off the gas.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and carrot raita or boondi raita.
- To avoid the brinjals from turning black put them in cold water mixed with salt and lemon juice.
- Add very little water to grind the spice powder.
- The proportion of the rice and water should be equal, or the rice will become soggy and mushy.
This recipe was contributed by me and my style on 05 Dec 2013Hello everyone,
I am Ashwini Shetti lives in Ghaziabad UP basically from south karnataka. My whole...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.