Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2933 times
One of the most favourite and easy tortilla or pancake recipe, Spanish tortilla is truly mouthwatering. A quick tortilla recipe with a batter comprising of Maida, corn flour and gram flour poured over a stir fried onion and potato mixture., Spanish tortillas are best served with tomato sauce or ketchup.
- In a medium size nonstick pan take a little oil,and put the cut onion in it.
- Let it become transparent colour.
- In it add crudely cut thin potatoes.
- Mix it well. in a bowl mix the flours,salt and enough water to make a thin paste like liquid.
- Add this paste to the onion-potato.
- Slowly keep mixing it on med flame.
- When it is mixed well reduce the flame and let it set for about 10-15 minutes.
- Uncover once to see if it has set from down.
- Using a plate turn the tortilla upside down and then cook it on the otherside.
- It will be a round cakelike. before serving cut it into 8 pcs.
- It can be eaten with tomato ketchup.it can also be eaten as a sandwich with bread.
This recipe was contributed by mushu on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.