Spanish Rice By clydemel
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4427 times
The Spanish rice is also known as Mexican rice and is traditionally prepared from white rice which is cooked in tomato puree, garlic, cilantro and other ingredients Spanish rice presents an appealing rice recipe which also appeals to the taste buds. Spanish rice brings a spicy and delicious rice on your plates and is definitely a must try!
Add your private note
Spanish Rice By clydemel recipe - How to make Spanish Rice By clydemel
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Parboil the rice and drain.
- In a dekchi heat 3/4 cup of oil and fry the chopped onions lightly.
- Add the vindalo paste and fry well.
- Add the prawns, tomatoes, capsicum, whole corn and salt.
- Add the water from the can.
- Let it cook till the capsicums are nearly done.
- Then mix in the rice and mix well.
- Pour the remaining oil over.
- Cover the dekchi and place it in the oven on medium heat for half an hour.
This recipe was contributed by clydemel on 17 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.