Spanish Potato Omlete
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 9356 times
Spanish potato omelet presents a hearty and traditional Spanish omelet or egg recipe on your breakfast table. The eggs are beaten and spread like omelet with fried potato slices and onion rings as topping. Serve the Spanish omelet with wheat breads and ketchup.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the slices of potato one at a time to avoid sticking together.
- Alternate layers of potatoes with layers of onions.
- Cook slowly over medium heat, turning the potatoes until tender ,not brown.
- Drain potatoes in a colander, save oil.
- Make sure skillet is very clean for later use. in a bowl, beat eggs with a fork until slightly foamy.
- Salt to taste. add the potatoes, press down to cover potatoes completely with egg return to skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of saved oil until smoking point. add the mixture, spread it out rapidly, lower the temperature to medium-high.
- Shake the pan often to avoid sticking.
- When the bottom is brown, cover the skillet with a plate, turn skillet up-side down, remove omlete, slide off plate with uncooked side down into skillet and cook the other side and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by hemaparekh on 19 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.