Soyabean Masala Dahi Vada
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8228 times
An innovative variation to the Punjabi delicacy dahi vada, Soyabean masala dahi vada is prepared from soya beans. The soya is blended with dals and spices and then deep fried into vadas. These soya vadas are then served with beaten curd, chutney and roasted cumin powder.
- Soak soya bean overnight and grind
- Soak gram dal for two hrs and grind coarse and mix both thoroughly
- Finely chop the rest of the ingredients and add to the above mix with salt and chilli
- Take a small ammount of the mixture on a wet cloth clinged tightly to a katori, make a hole in the centre
- Now take it carefully on hand and fry
- Soak fried vadas in warm water
- Grind,chillies,coriander,turmeric powder,mustard,coconut and salt.
- Thoroughly mix it with dahi
- Squeeze the water out of vada by pressing it between palms and soak in masala dahi
- Leave it for an hour and serve
This recipe was contributed by shiekha1 on 09 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.