Soya ki Subzi ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 130 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 116426 times
This mildly spiced and nutritious subzi will make an excellent accompaniment for rotis and parathas. Soya is "the king of beans" as it is a valuable source of energy, proteins, calcium, iron and fibre, all of which are extremely important for your child's healthy growth. Vegetables like tomato, capsicum, coriander adds to the colour and flavour of the subzi making it more appealing for the toddler.
- Boil the soya nuggets in 1½ cups of water till they are soft. Chop into small pieces.
- Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds crackle, add the onions, ginger, garlic and capsicum and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and carrots and sauté for another 4 to 5 minutes till the cauliflower is tender.
- Add the tomato, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and salt.
- Mix well and sauté till the oil separates from the gravy. Add the chopped soya nuggets, the milk and 2 tablespoons of water and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve lukewarm with chapatis or rice.
Nutrient values for 1 1/2 cups
|Amt|| 242 gm|
|Energy|| 298 kcal|
|Protein|| 20.2 gm |
|Cho|| 19.1 gm|
|Fat|| 14.9 gm|
|Vit-A|| 1025.7 mcg|
|Vit-C|| 59.3 mg|
|Calcium|| 233.8 mg|
|Iron|| 5.3 mg|
|F.Acid|| 67.9 mcg|
|Fibre|| 2.9 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.