Soya bean patti
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1090 times
1. soya bean should be soft after soaking to avoid it from cracking.
2. do not add water. try kneading in the potatoes and bread.
3. if you want an enhanced taste, boil some corn, peans, chopped capsicum and add to the doungh.
4. fry with a very light hand to avoid them from disintegrating.
Add your private note
Soya bean patti recipe - How to make Soya bean patti
Cooking Time: Total Time:
1 cup Soya bean granules (do not use chunks)
1/2 cup chopped coriander
2 medium sized potatoes
4 slices of wheat bread
1 t.spoon jeera salt to taste
5-6 green chillies finely chopped
- 1. soak the soya beans in exactly the same amount of water or a little less for a few hours. if preparing at a short notice, soak for about 30 mins in warn-hot water.squeeze out excess of water. set in a bowl to knead.
- 2. add 2 medium sized mashed potatoes, crushed green chillies, finely chopped coriander, jeera, salt to taste and the bead slices. do not add water at this time. knead the dough to a medium consistency. you may need to add a touch of water, soak in water and try kneading again. add more mashed potato or bread depending on the consistency you desire
- 3. roll into oblong patti and leave aside for 10 mins. let them stand for a while. you may even refrigerate so that they become solid.
- (soya bean is granular and tends to give way)
- 4. roll these oblong patti lightly over bread crumbs or unroasted rawa for a cripy coating.
- 5. heat oil in a pan. you may either shallow fry them or deep fry. add 2 patti at a time to avoid them from breaking. fry on medium flame as they cook fast. fry until they look crusty.
- 7. soak out excess oil on a tissue or a newspaper.
- 8. serve hot with chutney with mint chutney or maggie tamarind sauce.
This recipe was contributed by pritikv on 27 May 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.