Soya Vegetable Medley, Protein Rich Recipes
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12672 times
Soya vegetable medley, a tongue-tingling, spicy vegetable dish, which makes you feel stronger thanks to the immunity boost that the protein-rich soya chunks proffer! besides soya, coconut milk is also a good source of proteins; however it is high in fat too, making this an apt dish for athletes and others who want to build their muscles.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the asafoetida, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and garam masala and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the baby corn, peas and soya chunks, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 5 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Add the coconut milk, mix well and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- To make 1 cup of soaked and roughly chopped soya chunks, soak ½ cup of soya chunks in 1 cup of warm water for 10 to 12 minutes. Squeeze thoroughly and chop them roughly.
- To make 1 cup coconut milk, soak 3 cups of freshly grated coconut in ¼ cup warm water and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Blend in a mixer for 5 minutes, strain using a muslin cloth and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.