Soya Upma, Gluten Free Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17455 times
People with celiac disease cannot eat upma which is usually made from rava, a wheat based product. This innovative and easy-to-make upma recipe replaces rava with soya granules with great results!
You can also try other gluten free snacks like Corn Sev Puris and Stuffed Sprouts Dosa .
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for approximately 15 minutes. Drain, squeeze out all the water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal and sauté on a medium flame till the dal turns light brown in colour.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the soya granules, salt and lemon juice; mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.