Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3853 times
Whip up this nutritive upma that is loaded with vegetables and is also much more nutritious than plain semolina upma. Easy to digest , good for diabetic patients.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add mustard seeds, black gram and bengal gram and fry till golden brown color add chopped curry leaves and ginger.
- Fry for few seconds.
- Add onion and green chilli, chopped vegetables and fry for a while.
- Add water, salt and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Sprinkle soya flakes & semolina little by little and cook on low flame stirring constantly.
- Cook till the mixture turns into a thick ball. sprinkle lemon juice and mix well.
- Top it with ghee and serve hot!
This recipe was contributed by pippallashilpa on 04 Jan 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.