Soya Upma ( Healthy Breakfast)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 366 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64068 times
Like idlis and parathas, upma is also a popular breakfast option in Indian cuisine.
You are sure to have tried various upmas, made of semolina, broken wheat, etc.
Now, it’s time to try this super healthy version made with soya granules. Soya upma boosts your energy and gives you all the iron and protein you need to whizz through your day!
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for approximately 15 minutes. Drain, squeeze out all the water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan / kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal and sauté on a medium flame till the dal turns light brown.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the soya granules, salt and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Soya Upma (Iron Rich Recipe) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.