Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7262 times
A simple vegetable preparation with protein rich soya nuggets, the Soya treat has soya chunks cooked with vegetables in gravy comprising of tomato ketchup, orange juice and soy sauce. An unique soya recipe, soya treat is an easy , attractive looking and tasty recipe which works best as a lunch option for children.
- Soak the soya nuggets in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the nuggets and get rid of the water in it.
- Keep it aside.
- In a kadai, heat the oil (turn the stove flame to'high')
- Fry the onion till it becomes pink
- Add the chopped tomato & fry for 30 seconds
- Add soya and tomato sauces in to it and fry for fews seconds.
- Add the grated carrot, cabbage and fry for few seconds.
- Add the orage juice
- Add salt.
- Last add the chopped capsicum and fry for few seconds.
- Note that the colour of the vegetables do not change.
- The vegetables should be just a little cooked and be
- Then add the soya nuggets to this and just mix.
- Transfer the contents on the kadai, in to the
- Tiffin box and garnish it with chopped spring onions.
- Off to school with a delicious/nutritious lunch.
This recipe was contributed by munniv on 26 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.