Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1575 times
Can be server with green chutney.
Add your private note
Soya Tikkis recipe - How to make Soya Tikkis
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
100 gm soya flakes1 onion
4-5 green chillis1 tsp lemon juice3 to 4 cloves of garlic (lehsun)
1 inch ginger piece
4 Boiled and mashed medium size potatoes
1/4 cup cut coriander
salt for seasoning
2 tsp oil for filling prep. oil for frying
- Soak the soya flakes in hot water for 10 min. when soaked, boil in salted water for 10 min.after 10 min., drain the water from boiled flakes and make 2 portions of the falkes. keep aside one portion to use later for dough.
- For the filling:
- Meanwhile chop onion and 2 green chillies finely and make fine paste of ginger-garlic-chillies. take one portion of flakes and grind it till it remains coarse .
- In a pan heat 2 tsp oil, add onion ,and the chilli-garlic-ginger paste and coriander .cook for 2 min. & put the ground soya flakes and cook for 2-3 min. cool and add lemon juice.
- For the tikkies:
- Add the second portion of boiled flakes to mashed potatoes after draining thoroughly .add salt and chopped chillies and make a stiff dough.
- To proceed:
- Take the dough and shape into cup .fill in the filling and close the dough to form tikkies. shallow or deep fry and serve with tomato ketchup
This recipe was contributed by nilisha on 04 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.