by Kavitha Iyengar
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69360 times
A protein rich dish with a tangy tomato gravy, this dish is a perfect accompaniment to bread, rotis, or rice.
- Drain the soya beans, add enough water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 8 to 10 whistles or till they are cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadhai and add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the green chillies, cashewnuts, almonds, fennel seeds and cardamom powder, mix well and saute till the nuts start turns golden brown.
- Add half the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add half the tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook till the onions and tomatoes shrinks and are cooked and mashed.
- Remove from the flame, cool and blend in a mixer along with mint till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in the same kadhai and add the remaining onions and sauté until light golden.
- Add the capsicum , remaining tomatoes,mix well and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander seeds powder and garama masala, mix well and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the paste, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add some water in which the beans were boiled, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked soybeans and mix well and add the remaining water from the soybeans to the pan enough to cover the soybeans, mix well and simmer for around 4-5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnish with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Kavitha Iyengar on 08 Feb 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.