Soya Strawberry Scones ( Finger Foods for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9794 times
Fresh strawberries, orange marmalade and warm buttery scones together make a wonderful dessert. Make this when fresh strawberries are in season. The colours are a feast to the eyes, while the taste is simply delicious.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1 tbsp of water in a small non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes till it resembles a smooth sauce, while stirring continuously.
- Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add 1 cup of water and mix well and to make a smooth batter.
- Divide the batter into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour a portion of the batter on it and spread it evenly to make a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter.
- Place a slice of strawberry on top, drizzle a little melted butter on the sides of the scones and cook till light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 9 more scones.
- Drizzle a little sauce over it and serve immediately.
- You can cook 4 to 5 scones on the tava (griddle) at a time.
Nutrient values per scone
|Vitamin A||307 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||13.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.