Soya Spinach Delight
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 83 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13000 times
Soyabeans add a surprising element to this scrumptious spinach subzi!
- Drain and discard the water in which the soyabeans were soaked. Wash throughly, add salt and 2 cups of water and pressure cook for about 4 whistles.
- Drain and discard the water. Keep the cooked soyabeans aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and fry till the seeds crackle.
- Add asafoetida and onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add garlic, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, chilli powder, tomatoes,tomato ketchup and salt and cook it till tomatoes are soft and the oil separates.
- Add the boiled soyabeans and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and mix well. Cook uncovered on a high flame for another 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the green chillies and ginger and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.