Soya Sesame Khakhra ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14402 times
Soya sesame khakhra,made from soya flour and loaded with protein and calcium and iron rich sesame, these khakhras make a perfect anytime snack. Light on calories, wholesome in nutrition; store them in an airtight container, to retain their crispy fresh flavour.
- Combine the soya flour, wheat flour, sesame seeds and salt in a bowl and knead to form a soft dough using enough warm water. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside.
- Knead again using oil till smooth and divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin circle, using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each khakhra on a slow flame using ¼ tsp ghee till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame while pressing with a folded muslin cloth till it turns brown. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per khakhra
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.