Soya Roganjosh [veg.]
Added to 309 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19955 times
Succulent and protein dense soya chunks marinated with yoghurt, tandoori masala and ginger garlic paste, Soya Rogan josh are simply awesome. An unique vegetarian variation to the typical non vegetarian Rogan josh items, the soya chunks Rogan josh is served with rice or Paratha.
- Soak the nuggets in hot water for half an hour.
- Puree the tomatoes
- Roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds and poppy seeds
- Grind together kaju peanuts corriander seeds, cumin seeds and poppy seeds.
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chilies to a paste.
- Heat oil add mustard seeds, asafoetida, and curry leaves.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped onions.
- Saute till the onions are golden brown.
- Add peas, ground masala powder and fry for some time.
- Sprinkle some water if required, to prevent the masala from burning.
- Drain the water out of the nuggets and squeeze well.
- Add the nuggets and saute for some more time.
- Add the ground peanuts and kaju powder, tomatoes and coconut milk, salt and let it simmer till a thick gravy is formed.
- Sprinkle garam masala and lime juice. mix well.
- Remove from fire and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with hot puris or parathas.
This recipe was contributed by afrin on 18 Oct 2000
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.