Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5398 times
Powered with the goodness of soybeans, the Soya rasam brings a lovely healthy twist to the basic lentil based rasam recipe. The cooked soybeans are blended and then simmered in tamarind water along with rasam powder. Enjoy as soup or with steamed rice.
Add your private note
Soya Rasam recipe - How to make Soya Rasam
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Blend cooked soya beans in a blender.
- Put oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds and allow them to crackle .
- Add jeera, hing and curry leaves.
- Add the tomatoes and 3 cups water and allow it to come to a boil.
- Add the blended soya bean and green chiles and cook over a slow flame till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add the tamarind, salt and sugar. add rasam powder.
- Let it boil for 10 min.
- Serve hot garnished with cilantro.
This recipe was contributed by chundurushaila on 29 Oct 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.