5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11166 times
Originally from Punjab, naan is a dish we almost always order at restaurants because of the misconception that it is tough to make at home! Why don’t you give it a try now? Not only is this Soya Naan easy to prepare but very nutritious too, because of the fortification of whole wheat flour with soya flour, along with the use of curds and soya oil too. If you are under the impression that tava cooking will not result in the same aroma and texture as a tandoor, try this sequence of tava and open flame cooking for a pleasant surprise!
- Combine the sugar, dry yeast and ¼ cup of water in a small bowl. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, soya flour, yeast-sugar mixture, oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using little water.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Press a portion of the dough flat on a rolling board. Roll out into an oblong of 150 mm. (6") using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the naan on one side till it puffs slightly and then turn over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to make 5 more naans.
- Brush each naan with ¼ tsp of butter and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.