Soya Mutter Pulao ( Low Cholesterol Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 180 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 44569 times
Nutritious soya nuggets add a full-bodied flavour to this pulao. Soyabean and green peas, both functional foods, play a major role in reducing bad cholesterol (ldl) and increasing good cholesterol (hdl) levels in our body.
Add your private note
Soya Mutter Pulao ( Low Cholesterol Recipe) recipe - How to make Soya Mutter Pulao ( Low Cholesterol Recipe)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 5 servings
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for approx. 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the soya nuggets and salt with 1 cup of hot water and soak for 20 minutes. Drain, squeeze out the water, and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and cardamom.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the onions and prepared chilli-garlic paste and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander-cumin seed powder, tomatoes, rice, soya nuggets, green peas and salt, and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add 11/2 cups of hot water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the cooker. Separate each grain of rice lightly with a fork. Serve hot.
- Easily available in stores, they can be added to any vegetable or rice recipe to increase its nutritional value.
- Make sure you soak the nuggets in warm water beforehand.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.