Soya Mutter Pulao ( Chawal )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58960 times
Unbelievably tasty yet easy to prepare, the Soya Mutter Pulao is a wholesome treat that your entire family will love. It features an interesting combination of soya chunks and green peas, which contrast each other well in appearance, flavour and texture too. While the pulao does feature the standard assortment of spices, it also has the added benefit of a chilli-garlic paste, which imparts a trendy flavour to this sumptuous meal.
- Combine the soya nuggets, salt and 1 cup of hot water in a deep bowl, cover and keep aside for 10 to 12 minutes. Drain squeeze out the water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and cardamom.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the onions and prepared chilli-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, green peas, soya chunks, salt and 3 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening. Separate each grain of rice lightly with a fork.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||117.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||7.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||17.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.