Soya Mutter Ki Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 92 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 70560 times
Soyabean nuggets and green peas simmered in a tangy gravy. Soyabean nuggets are processed from soyabeans to make them more digestible and palatable. They are a very rich source of vegetarian protein and Vitamin B12. This subzi is good for your preconception period and also throughout your pregnancy as the energy, protein and vitamin A content of the recipe are good.
- Cook the soya nuggets in hot salted water for about 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida, ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste and onions and sauté till the onions are translucent. Add a tablespoon water if you find the masala burning.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and cook on a slow flame for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix the curds, gram flour, milk and ¾ cup of water and add to the onion-tomato gravy.
- Add the soya nuggets, green peas, sugar and salt and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
- You can use mushrooms or paneer instead of the soya nuggets as a variation.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.