Soya Methi Masala
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24140 times
Soya Methi Masala, a low-calorie subzi for health freaks! Relish it with phulkas or with any other roti or paratha and cut down on your visible fat intake. This subzi is double dose of health as it is low cal and made using soya granules, fenugreek which is high in vitamin A and calcium. Low-fat milk helps moisten the subzi, relish it immediately with phulkas, if the subzi becomes dry after some time, add milk and reheat.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan and switch off the flame.
- Add the soya granules and keep aside for 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and soya granules and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.